Welcome to Collierville Schools Voluntary Pre-K
Welcome to Collierville Elementary School VPK! I am so excited to work with you and your child this year. I am looking forward to partnering with you to ensure that your child is ready for kindergarten. The VPK students will have some amazing experiences this year!
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out at any time.
Our mission is to provide our students with the opportunity to develop school readiness skills (pre-academic and social skills), by promoting a high quality academic environment, which fosters the love and joy of learning and promotes success in kindergarten and throughout the child's life.
Arrival and Departure Guidelines:
- An adult supervises all Pre-K students during arrival and dismissal.
- During arrival, please drop your child off in the regular car line. They will be greeted by our teaching staff and walked to their classroom for sign-in.
- Students arriving after the set arrival times must be walked to the front office and checked-in by a parent/guardian.
- Children will be dismissed at 3:50 in the side parking lot beside the gymnasium. Your teacher will walk your child to his/her car. Please make sure that your car tag number is easily visible and stay in your car.
- Older siblings at CES will be also dismissed with the vpk.
The VPK class works hard to develop self-help skills and independence. Please place clothing on your child that will allow him/her to be independent in the bathroom. We will work on many art activities, such as painting and gluing. We also spend much of our day at centers and in gross-motor activities such as recess.
The following is recommended for your pre-k student:
- Tennis shoes with velcro straps
- Jackets/Sweaters with snaps
- No belts
- Elastic waistband pants
- Children wearing dresses or skirts must wear some type of shorts (such as bike shorts) under their dress/skirt.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (Open-toe shoes are not recommended and flip-flops are not permitted).
- VPK Classroom Schedule:
9:00-9:10am Greeting and Morning Question Board
9:20-9:35am Morning Meeting
9:35-9:55am C4L Welcome and Read Aloud
9:55-10:15am C4L Connect
Monday: Music (Finley)
Wednesday: Guidance/Fire Program
Friday: Art (Hanks)
11:10-11:25amC4L Small Group
12:40-1:00pm Free Choice Centers
1:45-2:00pm Put away cots/Bathroom
2:00-2:30pm Free Choice Centers/ Skills Groups
3:00-3:15pm C4L Fast Focus
3:30-3:45pm Fun Read Aloud
Pre-k websites for parents to use at home with their children
Letter and Sound Rap https://youtu.be/G0KRf_-ps0w
Choo Choo Soul Alphabet https://youtu.be/kX-m4XWgcu8
Alphabet practice http://www.starfall.com/n/level-k/index/load.htm?
Mother Goose Treasury https://youtu.be/7FfqPx44bsE
GoNoodle move and learn https://app.gonoodle.com
Songs about community helpers https://youtu.be/TiZoHudqFq8
Dr. Seuss games and activities http://www.seussville.com
Nursery Rhyme video and songs https://youtu.be/k7HevSRZfEY
Elmo’s Number Journey https://youtu.be/rm4Ztnr1Akg
Switcheroo Zoo www.switcheroozoo.com
Nat Geo for Kids www.kidsnationalgeographic.com
PBS kids www.pbskids.org
ABC Ya www.abcya.com
Fun Brain www.funbrain.com
Story Online www.storyonline.net
Into the Book www.reading.ecb.org